am a lifelong entrepreneur who at age 18 received a $100,000 job offer while I was just beginning university.
I got online in 1985 right after I got my first Macintosh computer. In 1989, I ran a large computer store in Toronto, I did this until 1994 when I started my own Internet Service provider.
After that I was hooked on the Internet. I registered my first domain name in 1996 and I am one of a small group of individuals to sell a domain name for seven figures.
In 2003, I purchased DNForum.com, now the most popular domain name forum on the Internet, and welcomes both beginners and domain industry experts alike.
DNForum.com currently boasts over 249,000 members with more than 1,900,000 posts. Perhaps one of the big reasons the forum is so successful is that the moderators and myself take an active part in the discussions.
DNForum was also awarded the 2006,2007,2008,2009.2010 Name Intelligence Award as the best online community to buy, sell discuss domain names.
Dnforum was named best online forum by Domain Name Wire 4 out of the last 5 years.
In 2011, I created DNF College as a place for those new to the industry to have a place to learn in a very focused and deliberate way. No longer did they have to search threads and posts for information that was spread out all over the Internet. DNF College is akin to getting a degree in domain investing.
In 2009, I started DCG.com an award-winning agency specializing in Internet Marketing and Web Development. We bring a wealth of experience in web development and marketing strategy to every client, whether a large corporate website project or a small business. From concept to completion, our marketing, development, usability, and creative teams have the knowledge and experience to handle the critical creative needs of your company. NicheWebsites.com is a spin off of DCG focusing on websites designed for specific categories that can be developed quickly.
In 2007, I joined Go Daddy as VP of their Domain Aftermarket and while there I was involved in the following areas:
- Executive Accounts.
- Wild West Resellers.
- Domain Buy Service.
- Domain Parking.
- Reduced Click Fraud on Parked pages from 7 % to less than 1%.
- Setup my 4th Contract with Google and got Go Daddy an 8% Revenue increase over their last contract.
- Re-did all parking headers personally.
- Domain Auctions Website, TDNAM.
- Domain Appraisals.
- Automated domain appraisals
- Domain Backorders.
- Domain Brokering.
- Biz dev Relationship management.
- Premium Name Listings on Front of Site.
- Moved Go Daddy to internal affiliate system instead of CJ.
- Managed all developers for all these areas above.
- Provided 3rd level support to satisfy most customers.
- Handled support issues that were escalated to Bob Parsons.
- Personally evaluated all domains for Bob Parsons to purchase.
- Invented a Geo-tool to find local domains easily.
- Provided weekly status and analytics reports for all my areas.
- Managed a large staff of people remotely and locally.
I have been a frequent speaker at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. , the leading industry conference in the domain industry. I have been nominated for several Traffic Awards over the years and was elected to the “Domainer Hall of Fame” in 2011.
In 2007, Logistik Labs named me one of the 20 most influential people in the domain industry.
When I am not working I am spending time with the people who matter most in the world to me, my wife Wendy and my four incredible children; Jordan, Corey, Julie and